Love & Hate


Love & Hate…  I had a very eventful morning today.  I came into contact with two strangers – one that that expressed hate and one that expressed love. 

Hate Filled Rage:
While I was driving to work, a man was crossing the street going in the same direction that I was driving. I stopped at the stop sign and watched as the man and his daughter crossed the street going in my same direction. Suddenly, with out even looking to see of any cars were coming, he stop midway in the street and tried to cross right in front of my moving car. Thankfully I was not driving too fast and was able to slow down to stop as he and his daughter crossed the street.  Instead of looking my way and saying thank you (because obviously, you do not stop in the middle of the street and try to cross into  oncoming traffic) he looked at me with complete hate and started to yell out at me “You Ignorant  #%R*&!”   Thankfully I did not hear the end of that statement, because I rolled up my care window. But by the look of pure hate on his face, he was probably going top call me a  B*tch or a N*gger (he was not of the same race).  I usually don’t assume such things, but he had pure hate in his eyes, which was completely irrationally because he was in the wrong. My first thought as I drove away, is that they guy was probably already angry about something else and maybe even racist (who knows…). And most importantly, how could he put his child in danger by crossing into incoming traffic with out evening looking to see if any cars were coming their way. The whole thing completely threw me off guard. And my beautiful morning, at that moment was ruined by this person irrational hateful reaction towards me.

Unbiased Love:
After parking my car, I started to work towards the building I worked at.  A gentleman came to a stop as he saw me and a few ladies on another street walking by. He asked in a very genuine tone – “How can it be, that all the women in this city are so very beautiful?”   I instantly blushed and said I did not know and thank him for the kind compliment.  He then said with this beautiful smile and glow on his face “You are welcome beautiful lady.” It warmed my heart that someone would stop their day to give such a beautiful message. And he had such a look of piece and joy in his face that I knew he was a coming from a good place in his heart when he spoke to me.

Two completely different experiences, from two complete strangers. Both of a different culture and age groups. One filled with irrational hate and one filled with genuine love for others.