Halloween Hair...Tinkerbell

Start with the hair in a high ponytail on the crown. This was actually too low for my liking, but her hair is short and I didn't want all of the pieces on the bottom to fall out.

Put the comb between the elastic and the scalp and pull out.



Then flip the ponytail up through the part you made...see the post below.


I didn't take a picture of this step, but I ran my flat iron over her ponytail and curled it under so I could have a bit more control.

Then I backcombed her hair. Some call it ratting, That word makes me think of rats. For some reason I don't like associtating rats and my kids. Funny the things that you associate. My girls actually call this "fluffing". Spray the hair after you backcomb, fluff, rat, whatever.


Then smooth the top over the ponytail. Spray it again.



Now I take the ends and I tuck them up and secure them with two bobby pins that are crossed. Tess has fairly thin hair so I only needed two bobby pins. Depending on how thick your daughters hair is, you may need more, and you may need to tuck more than once.





Now, spray it all over you could be done, but for this day at our house, we wanted a headband.









Tinkerbell doesn't use a headband...but some glitter would add just the right touch.